Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Day 9 - 11

In huntington beach most of us slept late and some went down to the beach. We had the great luxury of waking up slow for the first time in awhile. Late we went down to the beach and hung out. Got to listen to sweet conversations about people bringing alcohol in sippy cups and partyin down at the beach. After we got done at the beach we went home and watched bruno and borat, laughed our asses off pretty good.

Next day we were playing at the china town youth center in fresno with blackwater, lifeless and xibalba. The show was the usual sketchy ass china town in fresno. On the upside though, it was free slurpee day at 7/11. When we were chilling in the van some dude comes and sticks his head in our van trying to scope out our stuff. Then he continues to sing to us and try to bum money. Essentially it's the same thing throughout the night with him trying to get money from us. The show was pretty fun for the night. Lifeless covered infest which is always fun. Later the dude who has his head in our van comes back and is PISSED. He tells us that we could choke him if we give him a dollar and that he is going to "smoke us". At that point we said fuck staying in fresno for the night. So after Xibalba jammed through their set we headed out to Reno.

Of course as soon as we leave every single person except me falls asleep. I drove for a solid 2 hours then needed to stop. So I stopped at a rest top. I set up my sleeping bag in front of the van to go to sleep and Vedad ended up joining me. After an hour of laying there a carful of hispanic people got dropped off(at a rest stop?). They spoke spanish the whole time but I could tell they were arguing. At one point or another I started hearing slapping so we got the fuck out of there.

We arrived in Reno, ate awful awful and then went down to the river. The first time I went down them a year ago I got FUCKED UP. This time I went down and had a great time with no injuries. Afterwards we watched role models, napped, then headed to the show. This was hands down my favorite show of the tour. It was CodexRed, None and Bully. CodexRed shredded their set, None shredded their's and then we played. Everyone went nuts and circle pitted like fuck! We played solid and had alot of fun.

Today we're playing at the den in Sacramento. I picked up a limp wrist 7''. Solid find.

No comments:

Post a Comment